The Galaxy Nexus is a touchscreen slate Android smartphone developed by a partnership between Samsung and Google.The phone and operating system were developed collaboratively by engineers from both companies. It is the third generation successor to Google’s previous flagship phones, the Nexus One and Nexus S. It has a curved HD (1280×720 pixels) Super AMOLED display, an improved camera system, and Google’s new version of its Android operating system, version 4.0, codenamed Ice Cream Sandwich. The name is the result of co-branding between the Samsung Galaxy and Google Nexus brands of Android smartphones.
The Galaxy Nexus was unveiled at Google and Samsung’s Ice Cream Sandwich event on 19 October 2011 in Hong Kong. It was released in Europe on November 17, 2011, and made its debut in the United States on December 15, 2011. Expected to be released by the end of January 2012 in India.
- General: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100, LTE (region specific)
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 135 g
- Display: 4.65″ 16M-color HD (1280 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 0.01ms response time; oleophobic surface, curved display, multi-touch input
- Chipset:Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, TI OMAP 4460 chipset
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Memory: 16/32GB storage
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection, touch focus and geotagging; Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash, front facing camera, video-calls, touch-to-zoom while recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Misc: Hyper Skin material for increased grip, built-in accelerometer, proximity sensor, barometer sensor, notification LED area.